Feel free to get in touch – email@example.com
We must apologise for leaving you hanging this long. Although we do our best to update The Coup as often as possible, life has been nothing short of crazy over the past two months. But now it’s with great pleasure that we are back in action, and boy oh boy have we got some great stuff in store for you?! Join us for the ride, either here on our website or on Bloglovin’, Facebook, Instagram (search “Team Coup”), and Twitter. We look forward to having you on board!
Last week, Cheryl Cole was wearing this simple yet slightly futuristic silhouette panel dress on X Factor. It’s pretty rare to find something that can compliment most body figures, but if I were to choose one item that could achieve this, it would be a silhouette panel dress. They work in the most amazing way, adding and deducting a little shape in all the right areas. Finally, a dress for all; I’ll definitely be investing in one of these soon..! I’ve seen a few in a couple of different shops, but my favourite (by a mile) has to be this leather and wool combi by Ministry of Retail (below). I’m in love with both of them. The only problem is, that I can’t decide which colour I prefer. Decisions, decisions…
‘Slim Fit Leather Panel Dress,’ Ministry of Retail – available here
Most girls I know are pretty scared of sporting oversized items and I don’t exactly find this shocking. So I’m pretty sure that like me you’re feeling a little thankfully for the rise of the oversize this fall.
(image source: http://www.vogue.co.uk)
If I had to chose three words that best illustrated what ‘oversized fashion’ is all about, I’d chose big, bold and bossy. To help maintain that trendy look this fall, I really do suggest that this is the one trend you don’t ignore! For one, it’s really comfortable, looks fierce and, bonus,it’ll keep you warm.We’re not just talking about clothes here to; ‘oversize’ is taking over scarfs, jewellry and bags too.
Choosing the right items to pair your oversize garments will help accentuate your look. A word of advice; always think opposite. Oversize trousers & fitted top. Oversized top & either a pencil skirt or tailored trousers (ankle trousers too!). You get the idea. Remember, what you want to do is compliment the other section. Now go on, try something new today.
Items, from left to right,
Mohair Oversized Wool Jumper – Mango; Anna Dello Russo Bracelet – H&M; Contrast Sleeves Masculine Coat – Mango; Anna Dello Russo Earrings – H&M; Palazzo Pants – Ministry of Retail; D-Frame Acetate Sunglasses -Michael Kors; Oversized Clutch With Bow – Miss Selfridge; Women’s Tulle Skirt – Rundholz; Tall Oversized Blossom Tee – Topshop; Oversized Spot Tights – Pamela Mann; Blue Oversized Shirt – MiH; Anna Dello Russo Leather Boot – H&M; Sparkle Jewel Long Pendant – Accessorize; Montpellier – Kurt Geiger
With the winter season knocking on our door, everyone will need (what I like to call) a ‘hit knit’ in their wardrobe. You know what I mean, that special, chunky knit you always opt for when it’s a little more than chilly outside. With so many different styles available for you to choose from, I want to share a couple of my favourite ‘hit knits’ with you :)
From wide leg to skinny, this seasons ‘must have’ trousers have to be those made of leather (faux leather for a more pocket friendly version). I’m still searching for the perfect pair but here’s a couple that have caught my eye during my quest. Which will it be…?
From left to right
1. Skinny Leather Trousers, J Brand
2. Leather-Panelled Wool-Twill Pants, Alexander Wang
2. Croc Print Trousers, Topshop
Right now, we are feeling uber excited about going to London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House tomorrow. Our schedule for the day is definitely going to be hectic (starting at around 9am) but we are looking forward to enjoying a fun filled day of fashion, new trends and runway designs. We’re also looking forward to sharing every little bit of info and fashion news with you so make sure you check out our homepage on Monday. You might even catch some sneaky pictures of us behind The Coup; our sense of style and what we chose to wear to the event. Everybody knows that this is a fashion bloggers standard protocol but, for us, it’s a first. If you’re on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, you’ll be able to get live fashion updates directly sent to you throughout the day. Make sure you click on the links below to join our pages. Buckle up, get ready and enjoy the ride!
Team Coup x
This weeks ‘Special Delivery’ comes from Mango. I’m loving the studded cashmere jumper, leather belt and quilted leather jacket. We all know that studs are a huge look for fall fashion this year. Equally, you may remember our ‘berry crush’ post from August. Adding berry coloured items to your winter wardrobe will help keep your look bang on trend. Pretty helpful as berry is one of those colours that compliments pretty much everything!
As one of this seasons most prominent trends, opulent baroque designs are big, bold and back. Likewise, the big boys are doing them well. Dolce and Gabbana, one of Italy’s most luxarious fashion brands, first showcased their desire to lead the ‘baroque boom’ with their dazzlingly, vibrant runway designs earlier this year during Milans Fashion Week.
(Image source used: http://www.fashionising.com)
You too may have seen ‘This Weeks; Spot On’ post last Wednesday; Selena Gomez looked like a dream in another baroque design that was also brought to us by D&G. With high street taking to opulent baroque, there is no reason for you not to indulge in this seasons most prominent trend. Just remember your golds, blacks, heavily embroidered designs and you are good to go!
Items, from left to right:
- ‘Black Foil Baroque Mini Body-con Dress’ – £35.00, River Island
- ‘Red Label Baroque Open Front Jacket’ – £19.00 New Look
- ‘Nebraska Tulip Skirt’ – £625 Mary Katrantzou
- ‘Gold Look Crescent Cuff’ – £10.00, Dorothy Perkins
- ‘Unicorn Knuckleduster Embroidered Clutch’ – £1435, Alexander McQueen
- ‘Ankle Boots’ – £444, Balmain
- ‘Embriodered Cotten Shirt,’ J.W.Anderson for Topshop – £39.99
- ‘Ghost Handknit Sweater,’ J.W.Anderson for Topshop – £69.99
- ‘Varsity Jacket,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £129.99
- ‘V-Neck School Sweater,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £49.99
- ‘Tartan Check Tee,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop £59.99
- ‘Tartan Check Trousers,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £79.99
- ‘Knee Length Wool Kilt,’ J.W.Anderson for Topshop – £69.99
- ‘Zebra Print Jeans,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £49.99
- ‘Quilted Silk Paisley Skirt,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £69.99
- ‘Stripe Print T-Shirt,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £29.99
- ‘Anchor Notebook,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £7.99
- ‘Anchor Badge,’ J.W. Anderson for Topshop – £1.99
- ‘Logo Print Umbrella,’ J.W.Anderson for Topshop – £19.99
- ‘Single Pencil,’ J.W.Anderson for Topshop – £0.99
- ‘Mini Mart Camera,’ J.W.Anderson for Topshop – £9.99
100% Cashmere jumpers = knitwear heaven! Definitely an autumn/winter essential, make sure you have a couple of cashmere pieces in your wardrobe this season.
From left to right, Char Cropped Jumper – £135, All Saints; Cashmere Pullover with dropped stitched trim – €595, Burberry Prorsum; Cashmere Pullover with Crystal-Bead Embellished Buttons – €740, Pringle of Scotland
Everywhere I go, I’m seeing shoppers lugging around huge totes. And not just any colour – toffee is the colour of this season. As this seasons must-have accessory, shoppers everywhere are sporting one. Think about it, I’ll be surprised if you haven’t seen a handful of stylist ladies around sporting a ‘Toffee Tanned Tote.’
Will these ‘Toffee Tanned Totes’ become fashions next staple? That, I don’t know. What I do know however is that right now they are in and they are hot! Carrying bundles of shopping has never been so chic. Make sure you grab yours today!
Two new additions to my shoe collection-absolute must have pumps for this season. Leopard print with velvet toe, I can’t live without, from Oasis (£35) and a Dynamo slipper from Miss Selfridge (£30), all over studs and small black heat. These two are super versatile, whether its to complement a day outfit, or for an easy relaxed night time look. I am sure pay-per-wear will be totally justified with these pairs!
Three things that I love to do when I travel is to check out local culture, music and fashion. As someone who loves to have a few exclusives in my wardrobe, holiday shopping is a total must. Indulging and seeking out local brands, especially boutiques, is a great way to ensure your wardrobe remains unique and cutting edge.
So, about three weeks ago when I made a flying visit to Chicago, it was a total breath of fresh air when I came across Henri Bendel. The Bendel boutique has been around since 1875, so to you this may be old news, but to me it was news. With a range that includes a selection of fine handbags and jewellery, the Bendel brand is definitely the ‘beacon of luxury’ it aims to be.
Below is a selection of my favourite ‘Stacked’ up Bendel rings, made with the finest of Swarovski crystals and available in gold, rose gold and silver. We all need a statement ring or two to either vamp up or complete any outfit. These Bendel beauties guarantee to do just that!
1. Deluxe Hand Me Down Stack Ring, $118
3. Fake It Stack Ring, $68
4. Petite Hand Me Down Stack Ring, $98
5. Hand Me Down Stack Ring, $98
Aztec prints, faux leather and brushed suede – this week ‘special delivery’ from Topshop is totally fierce. This post is all about ‘new items in’ at high street. Every week we will pick one store to focus on, so make sure you check back next Friday for next weeks ‘Special Delivery’.
1. Mexico Aztec Tasslers Loafers, £28; 2. Alisha Scallop Edge Boots, £75; 3. Two Button Short Gloves, £24; 4. Galactic Studded Court Heels, £60; 5. Vintage Oval Ring, £8.50; 6. Premium Twist Chain Necklace, £40; 7. Moto Coated Leigh Jeans, £42; 8. Moto Scandi Floral Leigh Jeans, £40; 9. Petite Moto Leigh Jeans, £38; 10. Bleach Hem Check Trousers, £36; 11. Knitted Dogtooth Jumper, £42; 12. Knitted Garcon Jumper, £40; 13. Knitted Camoflage Jumper, £40; 14. Knitted Necklace Jumper, £45; 15. ZZ Dress by Motel, £58; 16. Audrey Dress by Jones by Jones, £60; 17. Cherub Heart Stud Earrings, £6.50; 18. Faux Pony Leather Purse, £30; 19. Longsleeve Bib Tie Blouse, £36; 20. Catseye Cross Two Finger Ring, £8.50; 21. Mammal Suede Shoes, £30; 22. Pax Chain Riding Boots, £150; 23. Lace Trim Ankle Socks, £3.50