Fiercely defying the miniskirt with its rise to prominence in the ‘70s, maxi dresses and skirts have become an iconic fashion garment. I simply love them; they make me feel both feminine and ladylike. Choosing one however can prove a little tricky. When choosing your Maxi dress, you’ll find both loose fitting ones and ones that are fitted on top. Whether it’s a boob tube, one strapped or two strapped Maxi dress, I do prefer ones that at least pinch the waist as they give you a bit more shape. If, however, you decide to go for a loose-fitting one, try matching it with some key accessories. A statement belt, short denim jacket and/or a key necklace will add a certain je ne sais quoi to your look. Which ever style you like, make sure you have a couple of maxi pieces in your wardrobe this year. Here are some of my favourite pieces, enjoy!
1. Santiago Printed Jersey Maxi Dress, Marc by Marc Jacobs – was £315 now £220.50, Net-a-porter.com
2. Pleat High Neck Maxi by Rare – £46, Topshop
3. Good to Be Blossoms Maxi Silk Dress – was £64.94 now £38.94, Chicwish.com
4. Floral Shirred Maxi – £33, Miss Selfridge
5. Atlas Maxi Dress, Monsoon – was £60 now £49, monsoon.com